- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- stylish Japanese aesthetics in a modern setting
- great staff
- cool gift shop
- five minutes by taxi from Meguro Station
- dining options in immediate area are limited
- often fully booked
Check Rates from our Partners
Hip, modern, and utterly Japanese, the Claska offers a premier boutique hotel experience. The tiered, boxy exterior gives the building a space-age feel. But Western-style guest rooms have a lovely warmth to them with gorgeous hardwood floors, tall white walls, and minimalist furniture reminiscent of Muji designs; the Japanese accommodations are lighted by paper lanterns and outfitted with small cushions for tea service above a tatami floor. Both keep a subdued color palate of white, gray, and brown, which keeps the space light and airy. The D.I.Y. rooms feature interiors by noted Japanese designers. For meals, Kiokuh serves contemporary Japanese dishes by day and operates as a cocktail lounge in the evenings. An adorable gift shop sells well-crafted eating utensils and acts as a gallery space. The hotel's remote location, however, makes access a challenge, and the rooms are limited, so book well in advance.
- Address: 1–3–18 Chuo-cho, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, 152-0001
- Phone: 03/3719–8121
- Website: www.claska.com
- Subway: Toyoko Line, Gakugeidaigaku Station (Higashi-guchi/East Exit); 5 mins by taxi from JR Meguro Station.
- Location: Meguro
- 15 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
Me and my husband will be going to Japan for 2 weeks. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more