- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- stylish Japanese aesthetics in a modern setting
- great staff
- cool gift shop
- five minutes by taxi from Meguro Station
- dining options in immediate area are limited
- often fully booked
Check Rates from our Partners
Hip, modern, and utterly Japanese, the Claska offers a premier boutique hotel experience. The tiered, boxy exterior gives the building a space-age feel. But Western-style guest rooms have a lovely warmth to them with gorgeous hardwood floors, tall white walls, and minimalist furniture reminiscent of Muji designs; the Japanese accommodations are lighted by paper lanterns and outfitted with small cushions for tea service above a tatami floor. Both keep a subdued color palate of white, gray, and brown, which keeps the space light and airy. The D.I.Y. rooms feature interiors by noted Japanese designers. For meals, Kiokuh serves contemporary Japanese dishes by day and operates as a cocktail lounge in the evenings. An adorable gift shop sells well-crafted eating utensils and acts as a gallery space. The hotel's remote location, however, makes access a challenge, and the rooms are limited, so book well in advance.
- Address: 1–3–18 Chuo-cho, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, 152-0001
- Phone: 03/3719–8121
- Website: www.claska.com
- Subway: Toyoko Line, Gakugeidaigaku Station (Higashi-guchi/East Exit); 5 mins by taxi from JR Meguro Station.
- Location: Meguro
- 15 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi, My name is Jana, I am a french woman living in Japan for almost 10 years now.
I had the chance to visit Wakura Onsen, but most importantly the Kagaya Ryokan (traditional hotel), one of the most famous Read more
Just got back from a 1 week trip to Japan: Tokyo>Kyoto>Osaka>Nara>Hiroshima>Miyajima
(Nov 20 -27) Fall colors were at their peak everywhere it seemed. Read more
Dear Travel Wizards,
In June, I'm taking a six-week trip with my wife through various parts of Asia. Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more
Whether it's the sushi, the style, or the neon lights that call to you, Tokyo has endless wow factor.... Read more
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes,... Read more