- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Yokohama History Archives (Yokohama Kaiko Shiryokan)
Yokohama History Archives (Yokohama Kaiko Shiryokan) Review
Within the archives, housed in what was once the British Consulate, are some 140,000 items recording the history of Yokohama since the opening of the port to international trade in the mid-19th century. Across the street is a monument to the U.S.-Japanese Friendship Treaty. To get here from the Silk Center Building, at the end of the Yamashita Park promenade, walk west to the corner of Nihon-odori; the archives are on the left.
- Address: 3 Nihon-odori, Naka-ku, Yokohama, 231-0021
- Phone: 045/201-2100
- Cost: ¥200
- Hours: Tues.--Sun. 9:30--5
- Subway: Minato Mirai Line, Nihon-odori Station.
- Location: Yokohama
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
I am planning a trip to Japan for Nov. Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more
Whether it's the sushi, the style, or the neon lights that call to you, Tokyo has endless wow factor.... Read more
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes,... Read more