- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
This always-busy ramen shop near Roppongi Crossing sets itself apart with a polished, stainless-steel-and-glass interior, but that does not mean it is any less authentic or tasty. Kohmen is known for its tonkotsu (pork bone) soup, and yelling "tonkotsu" over the counter will get you a basic bowl of soup with noodles topped with a slice of barbecued pork. Adding zen bu no say (with the works), will get you a side dish of hard-boiled egg, vegetables, dried seaweed, and other goodies you dump over your soup before eating. Kohmen is open until 6 am, making it the perfect place to stop after a night in Roppongi's entertainment district.
- Address: 7-14-3 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0032
- Phone: 03/6406-4565
- Location: Roppongi
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $105* -- One-Way Domestic Flights Across Japan Featured Destination: Japan
- $105 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
- $874* & up -- Flights to Japan on Sale (R/T, w/Tax) — $874 Featured Destination: Japan
Trip Report Kyushu May 2013
I will try to trace our Kyushu trip for forum members and those interested in this part of Japan.
Here is basic itinerary
0-- Depart Hawaii, Hawaiian Air - Honolulu -Fukuoka Read more
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Here are the train segments we need. Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more
Whether it's the sushi, the style, or the neon lights that call to you, Tokyo has endless wow factor.... Read more
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes,... Read more