- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
R Style Review
Even in some of the swankiest restaurants, Japanese wagashi (confectionaries) aren't up to par. To sample authentic handmade wagashi while sipping green tea, head to this café. The main ingredients in wagashi are adzuki beans, rice, and other grains sweetened slightly by sugarcane—making these treats moderately healthy (at least compared with their European counterparts). The intricate morsels of edible art are almost too perfectly presented to eat—almost, but not quite. Try the konomi (rice dumpling with adzuki conserve) or koyomi (bracken dumpling with soy custard) set.
- Address: 3F Omotesando Hills Main Bldg., 4–12–10 Jingu-mae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0001 | Map It
- Phone: 03/3423–1155
- Website: www.rstyle.co.jp
- Subway: Ginza, Chiyoda, and Hanzo-mon subway lines, Omotesando Station (Exit A2); Chiyoda subway line, Meiji-Jingu-mae (Harajuku) Station (Exit 5); JR Harajuku Station (Omotesando exit).
- Location: Harajuku
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
Me and my husband will be going to Japan for 2 weeks. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more