- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo
At a Glance
- wonderful spa and concierge service
- nice city views
- attractive room interiors
- quiet area on the weekends
- no pool
Check Rates from our Partners
Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo Review
Occupying the top nine floors of the glistening Nihombashi Mitsui Tower, this hotel is a blend of harmony and outright modernity. The Mandarin's amazing rooms, tastefully decorated in dark and light browns, are crowned with large picture windows displaying an exquisite panorama of city lights. Luxurious touches like the down bedding, superb linens, and in-room newspaper delivery insure a cozy haven. Corner rooms have sunken marble tubs that allow you to gaze out windows while soaking. Signature body scrubs and massages can be enjoyed in one of the spa's nine rooms. The gym and award-winning restaurants (both modern and traditional cuisines) are top of the line, but guests suffering extravagance overload (and the accompanying prices) can take a short stroll toward Tokyo Station, with its variety of tiny watering holes and izakaya (Japanese pubs).
- Address: 2–1–1 Nihombashi Muromachi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-8328 | Map It
- Phone: 03/3270–8800
- Website: www.mandarinoriental.com/tokyo
- Subway: Ginza and Hanzo-mon subway lines, Mitsukoshi-mae Station (Exit A7).
- Location: Nihombashi, Ginza, and Yuraku-cho
- 157 rooms, 21 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
Looking for itinerary suggestions for a 10 day trip to Tokyo and Kyoto area late March. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more