- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Ramen is the quintessential Japanese fast food: thick Chinese noodles in a savory broth, with sliced leeks, grilled chashu (pork loin), and spinach in a bowl. Each neighborhood in Tokyo has its favorite, and in Ebisu the hands-down favorite is Afuri. Using the picture menu, choose your ramen by inserting coins into a ticket machine, find a seat, and hand over your ticket to the cooks who will prepare your ramen then and there. There's limited seating, and at lunch and dinner the line of waiting customers extends down the street, but as expected, the ramen is worth it.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi, My name is Jana, I am a french woman living in Japan for almost 10 years now.
I had the chance to visit Wakura Onsen, but most importantly the Kagaya Ryokan (traditional hotel), one of the most famous Read more
Just got back from a 1 week trip to Japan: Tokyo>Kyoto>Osaka>Nara>Hiroshima>Miyajima
(Nov 20 -27) Fall colors were at their peak everywhere it seemed. Read more
Dear Travel Wizards,
In June, I'm taking a six-week trip with my wife through various parts of Asia. Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more
Whether it's the sushi, the style, or the neon lights that call to you, Tokyo has endless wow factor.... Read more
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes,... Read more