- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Maid in Angels' (M.I.A.) Cafe
Maid in Angels' (M.I.A.) Cafe Review
The Maid in Angels' (M.I.A.) Cafe is not exceptional by any standard, but it's a glimpse inside the world of the otaku. Waitresses in frilly dresses serve beer, juice, tea, pasta, curries, and desserts at simple wood tables and booths. Check the event board outside the front door for special café happenings, like when the girls change costumes based on the holidays. Santa suits anyone?
- Address: 2-19-36 Suda-cho, Chiyoda-ku Akihabara and Jimbo-Cho, Tokyo, 101-0041
- Phone: 03/5294–0078
- Hours: Mon.–Sat. noon–10, Sun. and holidays 11–10
- Website: www.mia-café.com
- Subway: JR Yamanote Line, Akihabara Station (Akihabara Electric Town Exit).
- Location: Akihabara and Jimbo-cho
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just got back from a 1 week trip to Japan: Tokyo>Kyoto>Osaka>Nara>Hiroshima>Miyajima
(Nov 20 -27) Fall colors were at their peak everywhere it seemed. Read more
DH and I spent 3 weeks in Japan from Nov.1-Noiv. 22. By way of introduction, we are both retired, and have traveled extensively over the past 40 years, sometimes on tours and sometimes on our own. With Read more
I'm looking to book a ryokan (specifically in the Hakone area), and would love to figure out if there's a website that gives reviews/ratings specifically on the meals provided at the ryokans.
We love Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers. ... Read more
Whether it's the sushi, the style, or the neon lights that call to you, Tokyo has endless wow factor.... Read more
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes,... Read more