- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- modern design
- fantastic bay view
- fine restaurants
- very expensive
- finding the entrance to the elevator is troublesome
- charge to use pool and gym
Check Rates from our Partners
Conrad Tokyo Review
The Conrad, part of the Hilton family, welcomes you to the space age with a Japanese twist. Elevators shoot upward 28 floors in the slick, green-hue Tokyo Shiodome Building to a lobby of dark oak paneling and bronze lattices. The high-ceiling guest rooms facing the bay offer much more pleasant views than those looking over the city. The Twin Bay View Rooms (a roomy 160 square feet) blend the latest in hotel tech with Japanese aesthetics, such as the charcoal drawing of cherry blossoms above the headboard. Highlights in the bathrooms include dual sinks, rain showerheads, and separate tubs (complete with rubber duckies). Dining options include the award-winning China Blue and the French-influenced Gordon Ramsay at the Conrad Tokyo and the adjoining brasserie, Cerise by Gordon Ramsay. Be sure to come with plenty of Hilton points (or your best plastic)—room prices are as sky-high as the lobby entrance.
- Address: 1–9–1 Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato-ku Shiodome, Tokyo, 105-7337 | Map It
- Phone: 03/6388–8000
- Website: www.conradtokyo.co.jp
- Subway: JR Yamanote Line, Shimbashi Station (Shiodome Exit); Oedo subway line, Shiodome Station (Exit 9).
- Location: Shiodome
- 222 rooms, 68 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more