- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Like most izakaya, Sasashin spurns the notion of decor: there's a counter laden with platters of the evening's fare, a clutter of rough wooden tables, and not much else. It's noisy, smoky, crowded—and great fun. Like izakaya fare in general, the food is best described as professional home cooking, and is meant mainly as ballast for the earnest consumption of beer and sake. Try the sashimi, the grilled fish, or the fried tofu; you really can't go wrong by just pointing your finger at anything on the counter that looks appetizing. Unlike some izakaya that stay open into the wee hours, this one winds down around 10:30.
- Address: 2–20–3 Nihombashi-Ningyocho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-0013
- Phone: 03/3668–2456
- Subway: Hanzo-mon subway line, Suitengu-mae Station (Exit 7); Hibiya and Asakusa subway lines, Ningyocho Station (Exits A1 and A3).
- Location: Nihombashi
- Reservations not accepted.
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun. and 3rd Sat. of month. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more