- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Ristorante Carmine Review
Everybody pitched in, so the story goes, when chef Carmine Cozzolino left his job at an upscale restaurant in Aoyama and opened this unpretentious neighborhood bistro in 1987: friends designed the logo and the interior, painted the walls (black and white), and hung the graphics, swapping all their labor for meals. The five-course dinner (¥3,990–¥5,250) here could be the best deal in town. The menu changes weekly; specialties of the house include risotto primavera and Tuscan-style filetto di pesce (fish fillet) parmigiano. The wine list is well chosen, and the torta al cioccolata (chocolate cake) is a serious chocolate-lovers dessert.
- Address: 1F Nishikawa Bldg., 1–19 Saiku-machi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 162-0838
- Phone: 03/3260–5066
- Subway: Oedo subway line, Ushigome-Kagurazaka Station (Exit 1).
- Location: Akihabara and Jimbo-cho
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
Looking for itinerary suggestions for a 10 day trip to Tokyo and Kyoto area late March. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more