- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
In a neighborhood thick with Korean-barbecue joints, Sanko-en stands out as the best of the lot. Korean barbecue is a smoky affair; you cook your own food, usually thin slices of beef and vegetables, on a gas grill at your table. The karubi (brisket), which is accompanied by a great salad, is the best choice on the menu. If you like kimchi (spicy pickled cabbage), Sanko-en's is considered by some to be the best in town. Customers from all over agree, including those from the South Korean embassy a few blocks away. And they line up at all hours (from 11:30 am to midnight) to get in.
- Address: 1–8–7 Azabu Juban, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0045
- Phone: 03/3585–6306
- Subway: Namboku and Oedo subway lines, Azabu Juban Station (Exit 4).
- Location: Roppongi
- Reservations not accepted.
- Closed Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
Hi, I'm totally new to Fodor, so please be kind!
I've just booked flights to Japan and am trying to get my head round coming up with an itinery, which is proving harder than with any other trips I've done Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more