- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Nippon Token (Japan Sword)
Nippon Token (Japan Sword) Review
Wannabe samurai can learn how to tell their toshin (blades) from their tsuka (sword handles) with help from the English-speaking staff at this small shop, which has been open since the Meiji era (1868-1912). Items that range from a circa-1390 samurai sword to inexpensive reproductions will allow you to take a trip back in time, but make sure your wallet is ready for today's prices.
- Address: 3-8-1 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-0001
- Phone: 03/3434-4321
- Hours: Weekdays 9:30--6, Sat. 9:30--5
- Subway: Hibiya and Ginza subway lines, Tora-no-mon Station (Exit 2).
- Location: Ginza
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
I am planning a trip to Japan for Nov. Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more
Whether it's the sushi, the style, or the neon lights that call to you, Tokyo has endless wow factor.... Read more
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes,... Read more