- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- nicely priced
- friendly staff
- neighborhood has small restaurants and pubs that offer great food for a good price
- small rooms and baths
- not particularly stylish
- quiet area on weekends
Check Rates from our Partners
Sumisho Hotel Review
Set in a down-to-earth, friendly neighborhood, this hotel is popular with budget-minded foreign visitors who prefer to stay near the small Japanese restaurants and bars of Ningyo-cho area of Nihombashi. A shallow rock pond and stone lantern welcome guests inside, but that's where the graces end. The biggest twin rooms are long and narrow, and the bathrooms are tiny units with low ceilings. The best accommodations are the three tatami rooms on the second floor overlooking a small Japanese garden. Full-course Japanese meals are available in the restaurant, Kappo Sumisho, and the original Mitsukoshi Department Store is within walking distance.
- Address: 9–14 Nihombashi-Kobunacho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-0024 | Map It
- Phone: 03/3661–4603
- Website: www.sumisho-hotel.co.jp
- Subway: Hibiya and Asakusa subway lines, Ningyo-cho Station (Exit A5).
- Location: Nihombashi, Ginza, and Yuraku-cho
- 83 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I'll go to Japan on 6 May and arrive in Narita around 7PM. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more