- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Even Japanese customers have been known to get lost in this mammoth department store; the main branch is in Ikebukuro, a bustling neighborhood just north of Shinjuku. Seibu has an excellent selection of household goods, from furniture to lacquerware and quirky interior design pieces, in its stand-alone Loft shops (often next door to Seibu branches, or occasionally within the department store itself).
- Address: 1–28–1 Minami Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku Shinjuku, Tokyo, 171-0022 | Map It
- Phone: 03/3981–8569
- Hours: Mon.–Sat. 10–9, Sun. 10–8
- Website: www2.seibu.jp/ikebukuro/
- Subway: JR Yamanote line, Marunouchi, Fukutoshin, and Yurakucho subway lines, Ikebukuro Station (Minami-guchi/South Exit); Seibu Ikebukuro line, Seibu Ikebukuro Station (Seibu Department Store Exit); Tobu Tojo line, Tobu Ikebukuro Station (Minami-guchi/South Exit).
- Location: Shinjuku
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I am leaving on a trip to Japan, China, Myanmar and Thailand on March 28 for one month and need to be able to call the US. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more