- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Tokyo Disneyland Review
Mickey-san and his coterie of Disney characters entertain just the way they do in the California and Florida Disney parks. When the park was built in 1983 it was much smaller than its counterparts in the United States, but the construction in 2001 of the adjacent DisneySea, with its seven "Ports of Call" with different nautical themes and rides, added more than 100 acres to this multifaceted Magic Kingdom.
There are several types of admission tickets. Most people buy the One-Day Passport (¥5,800), which gives you unlimited access to the attractions and shows at one or the other of the two parks. See the park Web site for other ticketing options. You can buy tickets in advance from any local travel agency, such as the Japan Travel Bureau (JTB).
The simplest way to get to Disneyland is by JR Keiyo Line from Tokyo Station to Maihama; the park is just a few steps from the station exit. From Nihombashi you can also take the Tozai subway line to Urayasu and walk over to the Tokyo Disneyland Bus Terminal for the 25-minute ride, which costs ¥230.
- Address: 1–1 Maihama, Urayasu Greater Tokyo, Tokyo, 279-8511 | Map It
- Phone: 0570/00–8632 information; 047/729–0733 guest relations
- Hours: Daily 9 am–10 pm; seasonal closings in Dec. and Jan. may vary, so check before you go
- Website: www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp
- Location: Greater Tokyo
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I am planning on going to Japan for ~3 weeks in May. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more