- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Kite Museum (Tako no Hakubutsukan)
Kite Museum (Tako no Hakubutsukan) Review
Kite flying is an old tradition in Japan. The collection here includes examples of every shape and variety from all over the country, hand-painted in brilliant colors with figures of birds, geometric patterns, and motifs from Chinese and Japanese mythology. You can call ahead to arrange a kite-making workshop (in Japanese) for groups of children.
- Address: 1–12–10 Nihombashi, Chūō-ku Nihombashi, Ginza, and Marunouchi, Tokyo, 103-0027 | Map It
- Phone: 03/3271–2465
- Cost: ¥210
- Hours: Mon.–Sat. 11–5
- Website: www.tako.gr.jp
- Subway: Tozai subway line, Nihombashi Station (Exit C5); JR Tokyo Station (Yaesu Exit).
- Location: Nihombashi, Ginza, and Yuraku-cho
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
Hi, I'm totally new to Fodor, so please be kind!
I've just booked flights to Japan and am trying to get my head round coming up with an itinery, which is proving harder than with any other trips I've done Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more