- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Yamatane Museum of Art (Yamatane Bijutsukan)
Yamatane Museum of Art (Yamatane Bijutsukan) Review
The museum specializes in Nihon-ga—traditional Japanese painting—from the Meiji period and later and has a private collection of masterpieces by such painters as Taikan Yokoyama, Gyoshu Hayami, Kokei Kobayashi, and Gyokudo Kawai. Exhibits, which sometimes include works borrowed from other collections, change seven or eight times a year. Visitors can take a break at Café Tsubaki, which offers coffee and cake sets.
- Address: 3–12–36 Hiroo, Shibuya-ku Aoyama, Harajuku, and Shibuya, Tokyo, 150-0012 | Map It
- Phone: 03/5777–8600
- Cost: ¥1,000
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. 10–5
- Website: www.yamatane-museum.jp
- Subway: Hibiya subway line, Ebisu Station (Exit 2); JR Yamanote line, Ebisu Station (West Exit).
- Location: Aoyama, Harajuku, and Shibuya
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I'm starting to plan a trip to Japan, and have questions about which international airport(s) to fly in and out of and how to get to various places we have in mind to sightsee.
I have a conference Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more