- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Ryokan Asakusa Shigetsu
At a Glance
- affordable rooms
- located in a historic temple area
- close to subway station
- futons and tatami might not be suitable for those accustomed to Western-style beds
- not convenient to central Tokyo
- some might not feel comfortable with Japanese baths
Check Rates from our Partners
Ryokan Asakusa Shigetsu Review
Ryokan Asakusa Shigetsu. Just off Nakamise-dori and inside the Senso-ji grounds, this small inn, with both Japanese- and Western-style rooms, could not be better located for a visit to the temple. The best options are the rooms with futon bedding and tatami floors, though they can be cramped for more than two people; the Western rooms, plain but comfortably furnished, are less expensive. All rooms have private baths; there's also a Japanese-style wooden communal bath on the sixth floor with a view of the Senso-ji pagoda.
- Address: 1-31-11 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0032 | Map It
- Phone: 03/3843-2345
- Website: www.shigetsu.com/e/index.html
- Subway: Ginza subway line, Asakusa Station (Exit 1/Kaminari-mon Exit).
- Location: Asakusa
- 6 Western-style rooms, 16 Japanese-style rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes no meals.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $235 & up -- Japan: Luxury Hotels, Save 50% Featured Destination: Japan
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
- $1599 & up -- Japan Vacations incl. Air, Save up to $550 — $1,599 Featured Destination: Japan
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 — $36 Featured Destination: Japan
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
I am thinking about transfer options from Narita to Tokyo (Sheraton Miyako Hotel). Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more
Whether it's the sushi, the style, or the neon lights that call to you, Tokyo has endless wow factor.... Read more
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes,... Read more