- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Ryokan Asakusa Shigetsu
At a Glance
- affordable rooms
- located in a historic temple area
- close to subway station
- not convenient to central Tokyo
- some guests may feel uncomfortable with futon beds and communal Japanese bathing
Check Rates from our Partners
Ryokan Asakusa Shigetsu Review
Just off Nakamise-dori and inside the Senso-ji grounds, this small inn, with both Japanese- and Western-style rooms, could not be better located for a visit to the temple. The best options are the rooms with futon bedding and tatami floors, though they can be cramped for more than two people. Western rooms are plain and a bit dated. Both options have private baths; or you can head to the sixth floor to soak in a Japanese-style wooden communal bath with a view of the Senso-ji pagoda.
- Address: 1–31–11 Asakusa, Asakusa, Tokyo, 111-0032 | Map It
- Phone: 03/3843–2345
- Website: www.shigetsu.com/e/index.html
- Subway: Ginza subway line, Asakusa Station (Exit 1/Kaminari-mon Exit).
- Location: Asakusa
- 8 Western-style rooms, 15 Japanese-style rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I am planning on going to Japan for ~3 weeks in May. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more