- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Ryokan Asakusa Shigetsu
At a Glance
- affordable rooms
- located in a historic temple area
- close to subway station
- not convenient to central Tokyo
- some guests may feel uncomfortable with futon beds and communal Japanese bathing
Check Rates from our Partners
Ryokan Asakusa Shigetsu Review
Just off Nakamise-dori and inside the Senso-ji grounds, this small inn, with both Japanese- and Western-style rooms, could not be better located for a visit to the temple. The best options are the rooms with futon bedding and tatami floors, though they can be cramped for more than two people. Western rooms are plain and a bit dated. Both options have private baths; or you can head to the sixth floor to soak in a Japanese-style wooden communal bath with a view of the Senso-ji pagoda.
- Address: 1–31–11 Asakusa, Asakusa, Tokyo, 111-0032 | Map It
- Phone: 03/3843–2345
- Website: www.shigetsu.com/e/index.html
- Subway: Ginza subway line, Asakusa Station (Exit 1/Kaminari-mon Exit).
- Location: Asakusa
- 8 Western-style rooms, 15 Japanese-style rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
DH and I spent 3 weeks in Japan from Nov.1-Noiv. 22. By way of introduction, we are both retired, and have traveled extensively over the past 40 years, sometimes on tours and sometimes on our own. With Read more
This was our first trip to Japan. Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers. ... Read more
Whether it's the sushi, the style, or the neon lights that call to you, Tokyo has endless wow factor.... Read more
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes,... Read more