- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
What the Dickens
What the Dickens Review
This spacious pub, in the Ebisu section of Shibuya, feels more authentically British than many of its rivals, thanks partly to a menu of traditional pub grub. It hosts regular live music (funk, folk, jazz, rock, reggae—anything goes here) and other events.
- Address: 4F, 1-13-3 Ebisu-Nishi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0021 | Map It
- Phone: 03/3780-2099
- Hours: Tues. and Wed. 5 pm--1 am, Thurs.--Sat. 5 pm--2 am, Sun. 5 pm--midnight
- Website: www.whatthedickens.jp
- Subway: Hibiya subway line, Ebisu Station (Nishi-guchi/West Exit).
- Location: Shibuya
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
I am planning a trip to Japan for Nov. Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more
Whether it's the sushi, the style, or the neon lights that call to you, Tokyo has endless wow factor.... Read more
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes,... Read more