- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
A Yen for Yen. See where the history of the yen began, in the Bank of Japan and Currency Museum.
Japanese Impressions. Go to the Bridgestone Museum of Art, one of Japan's best private collections of French Impressionist art and post-Meiji Japanese painting in Western styles.
Tang and Song. The Idemitsu Museum of Art houses a collection of Tang- and Song-dynasty Chinese porcelain and Japanese ceramics. Also on display are masterpieces of Old Seto, Oribe, Old Kutani, Karatsu, and Kakiemon ware.
A Leisurely Stroll. On weekends, see the historic Wako department store, and explore the small side streets of this old shopping district without fear of traffic.
Feeding Frenzy. Check out the basement food halls in Mitsukoshi department store in Nihombashi and Ginza, where you will find hundreds of delicious desserts and prepared foods.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe