- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
A City Oasis. Located in the middle of the city, the Imperial Palace East Garden is a wonderful place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
House of Parliament. Looking something like a squat pyramid, the National Diet Building houses Japan's parliament.
A Controversial Shrine. The Yasukuni Shrine (Shrine of Peace for the Nation), which represents Japan's militaristic past, has long been the source of political tension between Japan, Korea, and China.
Art Abounds. The finest collection of Japanese modern art is housed in the National Museum of Modern Art, including works by such renowned painters as Taikan Yokoyama, Gyoshu Hayami, Kokei Kobayashi, and Gyokudo Kawai.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel