- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
A City Oasis. Located in the middle of the city, the Imperial Palace East Garden is a wonderful place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
House of Parliament. Looking something like a squat pyramid, the National Diet Building houses Japan's parliament.
A Controversial Shrine. The Yasukuni Shrine (Shrine of Peace for the Nation), which represents Japan's militaristic past, has long been the source of political tension between Japan, Korea, and China.
Art Abounds. The finest collection of Japanese modern art is housed in the National Museum of Modern Art, including works by such renowned painters as Taikan Yokoyama, Gyoshu Hayami, Kokei Kobayashi, and Gyokudo Kawai.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe