- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
The J. League, Japan's first professional soccer league, was started in 1993 and has 37 teams in two divisions. Tokyo hosts two of those professional soccer teams, FC Tokyo and Tokyo Verde.
When: The J. League's preseason has two schedules, one beginning in March and the other in July; visitors to Tokyo have a pretty fair window of opportunity to see a match.
Ajinomoto Stadium. Both of Tokyo's teams play most of their home games at the 50,000-seat Ajinomoto Stadium. 376–3 Nishi-machi, Chōfu City, Shinjuku, Tokyo, 182-0032. 042/440-0555. www.j-league.or.jp. Subway: JR Keio Line, Tobitakyu Station.
How: Tickets vary but expect to pay something between ¥2,000 and ¥5,000. Purchase tickets either at the stadium or 7-Eleven, Family Mart, or Lawson convenience stores.Updated: 01-2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's