- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
The J. League, Japan's first professional soccer league, was started in 1993 and has 37 teams in two divisions. Tokyo hosts two of those professional soccer teams, FC Tokyo and Tokyo Verde.
When: The J. League's preseason has two schedules, one beginning in March and the other in July; visitors to Tokyo have a pretty fair window of opportunity to see a match.
Ajinomoto Stadium. Both of Tokyo's teams play most of their home games at the 50,000-seat Ajinomoto Stadium. 376-3 Nishi-machi, Chofu City, Shinjuku, Tokyo, 182-0032. 042/440-0555. www.j-league.or.jp. Subway: JR Keio Line, Tobitakyu Station.
How: Tickets vary but expect to pay something between ¥2,000 and ¥5,000. Purchase tickets either at the stadium or 7-Eleven, Family Mart, or Lawson convenience stores.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe