- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Aoyama and Harajuku, west of the Imperial Palace and just north of Roppongi, are the trendsetting areas of youth culture and fashion. Aoyama and nearby Omotesando contain European fashion houses' flagship stores. Harajuku is a young, bohemian fashion district. Its Meiji Jingu is a famous hangout for dressed-up teens.
Shibuya, an entertainment district, is not as clean or sophisticated as Tokyo's other neighborhoods. Shops, cheap restaurants, karaoke lounges, bars, and nightclubs are everywhere.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe