- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Hello Master. At maid cafés, largely popularized in Akihabara, waitresses dress in maid costumes, address patrons as "master," and cater to the fetishes of Japanese otaku (nerds).
Dancing in the Streets. A visit in May must include the Kanda Festival—one of Tokyo's major street celebrations. More than 200 portable shrines are carried in a parade towards the ground of the Kanda Myojin.
Toys without Tax. Purchase the best and most up-to-date electronics at the LAOX duty-free store.
Want to be a Superhero? See the greatest collection of Japanese comic character costumes at Cospa Gee Store.
An Eccentric Collection. Check out the toys, electronic gadgets, and hobby items at Radio Kaikan.
Read All About It. Browse an impressive variety of specialty bookstores in Jimbo-cho.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe