- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Individual towns have offices that provide local information. The largest and most helpful tourist centers, which provide information on all of Tohoku, are at the Sendai Station. In Tokyo each prefecture has an information center with English brochures and maps. In summer the local Japan Travel Bureau at the train station in each major tourist area, or at major hotels, can make arrangements for scenic bus tours. The offices in Tokyo, Kyoto, and Sendai arrange tours, some in English.
Japan Travel Bureau Sendai (Higashi 2-Ban Chō Square 1F, Ichiban-chō 4–1–25, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi-ken, 980-0811. 022/221–4422. 022/265–3860. www.jtb.co.jp/shop/sendai. Daily 10:30–6.)
Sendai International Center Koryu Corner (Aobayama Mubanchi, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi-ken, 980-0856. 022/265–2471. 022/265–2472. www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/spot/tic/sendai_intl.html.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe