- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Banya Nagasawa Review
When you slide open the door, you may notice the two-story fish tank with piles of shells and the freezer packed with flounder, sea bream, and a frightening-looking red, pop-eyed fish that might make you recoil. But you'll instantly know what you'll be served here: all manner of seasonal grilled shellfish and fish, crisp and brown on the outside but white and tender inside. You'll be eating warabi (fiddle ferns) in spring, and drinking excellent local sake with friendly regulars any time of the year. It's a bit pricey, but if you're a seafood fan this won't disappoint. From JR Morioka, follow Odori to the Iwate Bank and turn right at the statue of Takuboku Ishikawa. The restaurant is 2½ blocks ahead on the right.
- Address: 2–6–1 Saien, Morioka, 020-0024
- Phone: 019/622–2646
- Location: Morioka
- Closed Sun. and mid-Aug. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi, My name is Jana, I am a french woman living in Japan for almost 10 years now.
I had the chance to visit Wakura Onsen, but most importantly the Kagaya Ryokan (traditional hotel), one of the most famous Read more
Just got back from a 1 week trip to Japan: Tokyo>Kyoto>Osaka>Nara>Hiroshima>Miyajima
(Nov 20 -27) Fall colors were at their peak everywhere it seemed. Read more
Dear Travel Wizards,
In June, I'm taking a six-week trip with my wife through various parts of Asia. Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental... Read more