- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Japanese Phrases
Oirase Keiryu Hotel
At a Glance
- lots of activities, including photography classes and candlelit dining under stars
- there are fees for all the extra programs
- breakfast on the terrace costs an extra ¥1,500
Oirase Keiryu Hotel Review
Since it was once a ryokan, this resort hotel feels like a hybrid: two meals are served; yukata robes are provided (and you are encouraged to walk around in them); there are both Japanese- and Western-style rooms, but it's a large hotel. The magnificent lobby is dominated by a soaring chimney decorated by Okamoto Taro, and the windows look out to a beautiful natural setting. The onsen offers great mountain views, and the dinner buffet offers a choice of Japanese, Chinese, and Italian food, as well as a Western-style breakfast. There's a free shuttle bus from the JR Hachinohe Station (90 minutes).
- Address: 231 Tochikubo, Okuse, Towada, 034-0398
- Phone: 0176/74-2121; 0176/74-2128
- Website: www.oirase-keiryuu.jp
- Location: Towada-Hachiman-tai National Park and Vicinity
- 36 Western-style rooms, 153 Japanese-style rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Closed end Nov.--end-Mar.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
- Imperial Japan IExplore
- Imperial Japan — $9,975 IExplore
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
This October, my husband and I are stopping off Narita for 11 days on our way back to USA from Taipei. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more