- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Japanese Phrases
A curtain next to a big red paper lantern leads to this inviting Sendai gem where kinki (deepwater white fish) are carefully grilled on a charcoal fire. Writers, intellectuals, and celebrities often drop by to enjoy the expensive fish. A whole fish (¥6,000) can be shared by two people, as can the kinki set (¥7,000): kinki, tempura, sashimi, oyster, soup, and homemade ice cream. If you don't eat your full portion of kinki initially, the fish bones and leftovers will be incorporated into your soup course. Nothing is wasted. It's just off Ichiban-cho, near Hirose-dori.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
- Imperial Japan IExplore
- Imperial Japan — $9,975 IExplore
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
I am planning a trip to Japan for Nov. Read more
· News & Features
After months of grounding due to safety and reliability concerns, the buzzed-about Boeing 787 Dreamline... Read more
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more