- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Japanese Phrases
Akita Castle Hotel
At a Glance
- good location for sightseeing
- nice ambience
- a bit far from the station
Check Rates from our Partners
Akita Castle Hotel Review
At this writing, a massive renovation was underway at Akita Castle Hotel, scheduled to be completed by 2012, to make rooms more comfortable and spacious, level the uneven ceilings, and ensure that the bright rooms overlooking the moats of Senshu Park remain ever attractive. Ask for rooms on the fifth or sixth floor for better views; azaleas are in full bloom in the park in May and June. For a big splurge, ask for the Room Imperial, where as the name indicates, the Imperial Family stays.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Monterey Sendai on Sale: Book 3 Nts in Jun Fr $179+/Nt Save with Expedia, $66/night less
Trip Report Kyushu May 2013
I will try to trace our Kyushu trip for forum members and those interested in this part of Japan.
Here is basic itinerary
0-- Depart Hawaii, Hawaiian Air - Honolulu -Fukuoka Read more
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
As it stands now, we have the following train rides during our October-November stay in Japan:
1. Read more
· News & Features
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be... Read more
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch... Read more
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the... Read more