- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- great winter atmosphere
- people with disabilities may get discouraged by lots of steep and narrow stairs
- a bit quiet and subdued compared to modern places
- no private baths
Ryokan Sendaiya Review
Built in the 1930s, this four-story wooden building is a typically small, family-run ryokan. It is also a member of the ever-reliable, always reasonable Japan Inn Group. You'll find a coin-operated laundry for guest use and large communal alkaline hot-spring baths (but none in the rooms). The meals are decent and cheap: ¥840 for Japanese or Western breakfast, ¥1,800 for dinner (Japanese only). Exit the east side of the station, and turn left (north). When you pass the NHK Building, turn right, and make the next left. It's on the left, about the middle of the block.
- Address: 10-26 Kinomi-cho, Yamagata, 990-0044
- Phone: 023/642-0913
- Location: Yamagata
- 17 Japanese-style rooms without bath.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $105* -- One-Way Domestic Flights Across Japan Featured Destination: Japan
- $105 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
- Imperial Japan IExplore
- $874* & up -- Flights to Japan on Sale (R/T, w/Tax) — $874 Featured Destination: Japan
- Imperial Japan — $9,975 IExplore
Trip Report Kyushu May 2013
I will try to trace our Kyushu trip for forum members and those interested in this part of Japan.
Here is basic itinerary
0-- Depart Hawaii, Hawaiian Air - Honolulu -Fukuoka Read more
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Here are the train segments we need. Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more