- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Mimasu Sushi and Bento
Mimasu Sushi and Bento Review
The highlights here are good sushi, tempura, and donburi—bowls with cutlets, tempura, and chicken on top of rice. Weekday lunch specials include danjuro bento, a filling medley of tasty seasonal vegetables, sushi, plus either tempura, fried chicken, or ginger pork (￥1,260). In this old-fashioned establishment where typical Japanese dishes are served, there is something on the menu to suit anyone's taste. Mimasu is a 15-minute walk from JR Yamagata Station.
- Address: 2–3–7 Nanuka-machi, Yamagata, 990-0042
- Phone: 023/632–1252
- Location: Yamagata
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I am leaving on a trip to Japan, China, Myanmar and Thailand on March 28 for one month and need to be able to call the US. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more