- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Japanese Phrases
Kamasada Iron Casting Studio
Kamasada Iron Casting Studio Review
At the studio, five casters create the fine iron work, and their products are as authentic and beautiful as Nanbu-tekki can be. Designed by resident master caster Nobuho Miya, a saucepan with a wooden handle is elegantly traditional yet modern. Equally attractive teakettles come in all sizes and prices; a small one is about ¥3,500. All neatly displayed wares are for sale, but if you want to place a special order for something such as a door plate, your piece will be produced in two months' time and can be shipped anywhere. To get there, go half a block down the tiny street that extends in front of the venerable and well-known Azuma-ya soba restaurant.
- Address: 2-5 Konya-cho, Morioka, 020-0885
- Phone: 019/622-3911
- Hours: Mon.--Sat. 9--5:30.
- Location: Morioka
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
First, thanks to all who replied to my other thread about where to go for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
A New York City judge has ruled against the use of apartments for "transient tenants," which includes... Read more
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more