- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Tohoku Restaurant Reviews
Tohoku's a great place for fresh food, whether from the fields, mountains, forests, or seas. Restaurants range from local sake shacks to upscale sushi bars and steak houses, and dress may be street-casual to office attire, but rarely will it be formal. Menus may not always be in English, but you can find window displays full of plastic representations of the menu. Credit cards are widely accepted in cities, but they are rarely accepted in the countryside. In many restaurants you'll take your shoes off at the entry and place them in a cubicle.
Browse Tohoku Restaurants
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe