- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Hirosaki is compact and walkable, but finding your bearings in this ancient castle town can prove difficult, for the streets were designed to disorient invaders before they could get to the battlements. So, by all means, pick up a map at the Hirosaki City Tourist Information Center before setting out. It's on the right side of the train station as you exit.
Hirosaki City Tourist Information Center (1–1 Omotemachi, Hirosaki, 036-8096. 0172/32–0524. en.hkg.jp/infocenter.html. Jan.–Mar., daily 8–5; Apr.–Dec., daily 8:45–6.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe