- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Japanese Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Aomori Airport has six daily flights from Tokyo's Haneda Airport by JAS, a JAL affiliate (one hour, 20 minutes; ¥32,000-one-way, ¥54,000 round-trip). Aomori also has two JAL flights from Osaka's Itami Airport, and three from Sapporo's Chitose Airport.
The Hayate runs 15 trains daily from Tokyo (three hours, five minutes; ¥16,370) and one daily from Morioka (one hour; ¥5,970). By JR local train it's 45 minutes (¥650) from Hirosaki. If red-eye transportation is your choice, take the Willer Express bus departing from Tokyo at 9:30 pm from JR Tokyo Station or at 10:20 pm from JR Shinjyku Station, arriving at JR Aomori Station at 8:50 am (¥5,300-¥6,500/way). The JR highway express bus departing from Tokyo at 10:30 pm arrives at Aomori at 6:30 am (¥8,500-¥9,000 one-way, ¥15,000 round-trip).
Aomori Airport. 1-5 Kotani, Otaniaza, Oaza, Aomori, 030-0155. 017/739-2121.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
- Imperial Japan IExplore
- Imperial Japan — $9,975 IExplore