- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Aomori Airport has six daily flights from Tokyo's Haneda Airport by JAS, a JAL affiliate (one hour, 20 minutes; ¥32,000-one-way, ¥54,000 round-trip). Aomori also has two JAL flights from Osaka's Itami Airport, and three from Sapporo's Chitose Airport.
The Hayate runs 15 trains daily from Tokyo (three hours, five minutes; ¥16,370) and one daily from Morioka (one hour; ¥5,970). By JR local train it's 45 minutes (¥650) from Hirosaki. If red-eye transportation is your choice, take the Willer Express bus departing from Tokyo at 9:30 pm from JR Tokyo Station or at 10:20 pm from JR Shinjyku Station, arriving at JR Aomori Station at 8:50 am (¥5,300–¥6,500/way). The JR highway express bus departing from Tokyo at 10:30 pm arrives at Aomori at 6:30 am (¥8,500–¥9,000 one-way, ¥15,000 round-trip).
Aomori Airport (1–5 Kotani, Aomori, 030–0155. 017/739–2121. www.aomori-airport.co.jp/en.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe