- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
The Akita City Tourist Information Center is on the second floor at the station, just across from the exit from the Shinkansen tracks, and supplies many colorful English-language pamphlets and lots of friendly advice.
Akita City Tourist Information Center (JR Akita Station 2F, 7–1–2 Naka Dori, Akita, 010-8530. 018/832–7941. www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/spot/tic/akita_city.html. Daily 9:30–7.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe