- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
For a real taste of Osaka, line up for kushi katsu (skewered meats and vegetables) outside Shin Sekai's Yaekatsu. This no-frills, counter-only restaurant has the reputation of being one of Osaka's oldest and best places to get kushi katsu. At dinner the line stretches the length of the shop, so arrive early or be prepared to wait. Yaekatsu is in Shin Sekai's Jan Jan Yokocho shopping street. Coming from Dobutsuen-mae Station, the shop is halfway down the shopping street on your left. The sign is only in Japanese, so don't hesitate to ask someone where it is.
- Address: 3–4–13 Ebisu-higashi, Naniwa-ku, Ōsaka, 556-0002
- Phone: 06/6643–6332
- Location: Minami
- Reservations not accepted.
- No credit cards.
- Closed Thurs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more