- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
This store is the brainchild of Hideki Tominaga, an Osaka native. He created the Mini Carpenter Block—an art toy of colorful, interlocking, plastic pieces that he believes helps develop creativity. The Mini Carpenter Block has taken on a life of its own, with SOZ stores throughout the world and a recent exhibit at Paris's Louvre Museum. The cutest of his creations is Mr. Pen, whom you may want to buy after seeing the king penguins at the Osaka Aquarium. Take the Namba Parks Exit from the Mido-suji subway station.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
First, thanks to all who replied to my other thread about where to go for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more