- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At this elegant dining room, the excellent Kobe beef is sliced thin and cooked before you on a teppanyaki grill along with fresh vegetables and served with pepper, mustard, and soy sauce for dipping. Wakkoku uses meat from three-year-old cows that have never been bred, which is said to be the reason for its unbelievable tenderness. Lunch set menus start at ¥2,940 and go up to ¥5,040. The pricier option uses the highest-quality meat, a small but noticeable difference.
- Address: Hillside Terrace Bldg 1F, 1–22–13 Naka-yamate-dori, Chūō-ku, Kōbe, Hyōgo-ken 650-0002
- Phone: 078/222–0678
- Location: Kobe
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
Hi, I'm totally new to Fodor, so please be kind!
I've just booked flights to Japan and am trying to get my head round coming up with an itinery, which is proving harder than with any other trips I've done Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more