- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
An 8th-century statue of the 1,000-handed Kannon, the goddess of mercy, is this temple's main object of worship. The seated figure is the oldest Buddhist sculpture of its kind, and it's only on view on the 18th of each month. To get here, take the Mido-suji subway line to Tenno-ji Station, then transfer to the Kintetsu Minami–Osaka Line and take it to Fujii-dera Station. The temple is a few minutes away.
- Address: 1–16–21 Fujii-dera, Fujii-dera-shi
- Phone: 0721/938–0005
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Statue on view 18th of month
- Location: Minami
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I'm starting to plan a trip to Japan, and have questions about which international airport(s) to fly in and out of and how to get to various places we have in mind to sightsee.
I have a conference Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more