- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
There has been a soccer boom in Japan since the World Cup was cohosted by South Korea and Japan in 2002. Two J-League soccer teams, Gamba Osaka and Cerezo Osaka, play in Osaka. Tickets start at ¥1,500 for adults, and the season runs from March to November.
Gamba Osaka. The Gamba Osaka soccer team plays at the Expo '70 Commemorative Stadium (Banpaku Kinen Kyogi-jo), located in the north part of the city. Access is via the Osaka Monorail to Koen Higashi-guchi Station. 3–3 Senri Bampaku Koen, 565-0826. 06/6875–8111. www.gamba-osaka.net/en.
Cerezo Osaka. The Cerezo Osaka play at the Nagai Stadium (Nagai Rikujo Kyogijo) in southern Osaka, close to Nagai Station on the JR Hanwa Line or Mido-suji subway line. 1–1 Nagai Koen, 546-0034. 06/6692–9011.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe