- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Hanshin Tigers. The Orix Buffaloes are the local team, but it is the Hanshin Tigers from Nishi-no-miya, between Kobe and Osaka, that prompt excited fans to jump into the Dotombori River. The Tigers are based in historic Koshien Stadium near Kobe, but they play at the Saka Dome (Kyocera Domu Osaka) for the season opener and during the month of August. The Osaka Dome looks like a spaceship and has pleasing-to-the-eye curved edges in a city dominated by gray cubes. Tickets cost as little as ¥1,600. Buy them at the gate, at Lawson convenience stores, or by telephone from Ticket Pia. The dome is next to Osaka Domu-mae Chiyozaki subway station on the Nagahori Tsurumi-ryokuchi Line. 3–2–1 Chiozaki, 550-0203. 06/6586–0106 Ticket Pia.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe