- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
The Student Guide Service and the YMCA Guide Service are free and leave from the JR Nara Station's Nara City Tourist Information Office and Kintetsu Nara Station. Reservations need to be made one day in advance.
The Nara City Tourist Information Office is on the first floor of Kintetsu Nara Station; there's a branch at JR Nara Station. The Nara City Tourist Information Center has English-speaking staff on duty until 7 pm. The center is a 10-minute walk from both Kintetsu Nara Station and JR Nara Station and has free maps, sightseeing information in English, a souvenir corner, and a lounge.
Nara City Tourist Information Center (23–4 Kami-sanjo-cho, Nara, 630-8228. 0742/22–3900. Daily 9–5.)
Nara City Tourist Information Office (Kintetsu Nara Station, 28 Higashimuki-nakamachi, Nara, Nara-ken, 630-8215. 0742/24–4858. Daily 9–5. JR Nara Station, 1 Sanjo, Central Nara, 630-8244. 0742/22–9821.)
Student Guide Service (Nara City Sarusawa Tourist Information Office, 49 Nobori-oji-cho, north side of Sarusawa-ike, Nara, Nara-ken, 630-8213. 0742/26–4753. www.narastudentguide.org.)
YMCA Guide Service (0742/45–5920.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe