- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Nara Koen has the city's popular tourist sites. Even so, it is wide enough to accommodate thousands of giggling schoolchildren and other Japanese tourists, yet still feel spacious and quiet. Be warned that it is home to many divine messengers of god—the tame deer seen just about everywhere.
Nara Koen at a Glance
- Kasuga Taisha (Kasuga Shrine)
- Kofuku-ji (Kofuku-ji Temple)
- Nara Kokuritsu Hakubutsukan (Nara National Museum)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's