- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Kobe Tourist Information Center offers detailed maps, in English, of all the neighborhoods, with attractions and streets clearly marked. Also pick up a "Kobe Guide" and a "Visitor's Welcome Book," which has coupons on museums, activities, and hotels. The English-speaking staff can help book rooms, find tours, and give recommendations. The Kobe Information Center is near the West Exit of JR San-no-miya; another branch is located at the JR Shin-Kobe Station. The Japan Travel Bureau can arrange for hotel reservations, train tickets, package tours, and more throughout the country.
Japan Travel Bureau. JR San-no-miya Station, Kobe, 650-0021. 078/231-4118.
Kobe Information Center. JR San-no-miya Station, Kobe, 650-0021. 078/322-0220. Daily 9-7. Shin-Kobe Station, 650-0002. 078/241-9550. Daily 10-6.
Kobe Tourist Information Center. At West Exit of JR San-no-miya Station, Kobe, 650-0021. 078/271-2401.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
- Imperial Japan IExplore
- Imperial Japan — $9,975 IExplore