The Kansai Region Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
The Kansai Region Hotel Reviews
Hotels in Kansai are slightly cheaper than those in Tokyo. Business hotels and international hotels comprise most of the lodging offerings in the larger cities, while ryokan (traditional inns) are common in more-rural destinations like Arima Onsen. Because of Kyoto’s popularity during Golden Week (beginning of May), cherry-blossom season (mid-March to early April), and its autumn foliage (October and November), hotels in the surrounding cities are often booked solid. If you are traveling during one of these times, reserve a room early. Large international-chain hotels have English-speaking staff, but it's advisable to ask a tourist information center to make reservations for you outside the city.
Browse The Kansai Region Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's