- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- welcoming staff
- some English spoken
- rare chance to experience rural life
- access difficult without a car
- no hotel-style amenities
Check Rates from our Partners
Shunran Village Review
More than 30 traditional houses in this farming village at the end of the peninsula have been turned into minshuku, giving you the chance to experience rural life. Try your hand at chopping firewood, harvesting rice, making jam, or dyeing fabric with the villagers' patient instruction. Meals are as local as you can get—the rice is harvested from paddies outside the houses.
- Address: 16–9 Miya-chi, Noto-cho Hosu-gun, 927-0322
- Phone: 0768/76–0021
- Location: Noto-hanto (Noto Peninsula)
- 4 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more