- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- welcoming staff
- some English spoken
- rare chance to experience rural life
- access difficult without a car
- no hotel-style amenities
Shunran Village Review
More than 30 traditional houses in this farming village at the end of the peninsula have been turned into minshuku, giving you the chance to experience rural life. Try your hand at chopping firewood, harvesting rice, making jam, or dyeing fabric with the villagers' patient instruction. Meals are as local as you can get—the rice is harvested from paddies outside the houses.
- Address: 16–9 Miya-chi, Noto-cho Hosu-gun, 927-0322
- Phone: 0768/76–0021
- Location: Noto-hanto (Noto Peninsula)
- 4 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
DH and I spent 3 weeks in Japan from Nov.1-Noiv. 22. By way of introduction, we are both retired, and have traveled extensively over the past 40 years, sometimes on tours and sometimes on our own. With Read more
This was our first trip to Japan. Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more