At a Glance
- welcoming staff
- some English spoken
- rare chance to experience rural life
- access difficult without a car
- no hotel-style amenities
Check Rates from our Partners
Shunran Village Review
More than 30 traditional houses in this farming village at the end of the peninsula have been turned into minshuku, giving you the chance to experience rural life. Try your hand at chopping firewood, harvesting rice, making jam, or dyeing fabric with the villagers' patient instruction. Meals are as local as you can get—the rice is harvested from paddies outside the houses.
- Address: 16–9 Miya-chi, Noto-cho, Hosu-gun, 927-0322
- Phone: 0768/76–0021
- Location: Noto-hanto (Noto Peninsula)
- 4 rooms
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.