- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Slip into Itaru for a taste of good Kaga-ryori local specialties, including stewed Kanazawa pork, mackerel from the Noto peninsula, and fresh sashimi from the Sea of Japan. Dinner here costs a bit, but it's a real Kanazawa dining experience. Although the staff speaks little English, there are English menus to help you out. For a sampling of the region's cuisine, try the seasonal set meal and wash it down with local sake. Watching the cooks behind the counter adds to the overall dining experience.
- Address: 2–7–5 Kata-machi, Kanazawa, 920-0981
- Phone: 0762/24–4156
- Location: Kanazawa
- No credit cards.
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I am leaving on a trip to Japan, China, Myanmar and Thailand on March 28 for one month and need to be able to call the US. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more