At a Glance
- excellent location for hiking and skiing
- friendly and knowledgeable owners
- artsy vibe
- fewer luxury amenities than larger hotels
Pension Noichigo Review
A five-minute walk (or ski) from the Happo-o-ne lift, the family-run Noichigo feels more like a European guesthouse than a Japanese inn. The rooms are simple but comfortable, and the walls of the cozy dining area are adorned with paintings and sketches by owner and "Hakuba Art Meister" Takayuki Tuno. You can take color-pencil drawing classes for a small fee. The owners are friendly and have a wealth of knowledge about the area. A hearty, four-course dinner costs an extra ¥2,000 and is well worth the cost.
- Address: 4869 Wadano-no-mori, Wadano, Hakuba Village, Nagano-ken, 399-9103
- Phone: 0261/72–4707
- Website: www.janis.or.jp/users/noichigo/top_page_english.html
- Location: Hakuba
- 6 rooms
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals, no meals.
- No credit cards.